Sunday, October 24, 2010

Skate King! Still Around!

Oh the memories of Skate King....I remember many hours spent there when I was a kid. All the neighbors and school friends. One of my memories are of Krisse skating with her cool new white skates. They were so awesome. Dorothy would skate some times also. I do remember her falling and having the ambulance coming. We used to spin in the middle of the floor and loved the Snowball. Where the girls would ask the  boys to skate around holding hands and then they would switch.

Vincent went here also with his Elementary school. He is an awesome skater, a real natural. I don't think he even went thru a learning stage.

Andrew is a natural also. We both got told to slow down from the mean lady doing the music. I was just trying to get my cardio going. Andrew had a great time with his friends from school. Nice to see the tradition continuing to my kids.

 The mural in the back is the same as when I was young.


 The Kingdome is even pictured here. It was down town Seattle 1976-2000. They blew it up! Way cool.


The did take down the red shag carpeting off the walls. :-) Most everything else the same.

No comments: