Sunday, October 24, 2010

SHS Homecoming Football Game

A Homecoming Football game is a big thing for American High School kids. It is a time when the Alumni come to the game. Also it is when the Class Royalty is announced and everyone gets to see who is the Queen and King for the different classes. They usually get paraded around the track in fancy new cars. The Band plays while they do a cool march. Cheerleaders do their thing. Drill team puts on a show. All the kids come to hang out and be cool.

Vincent was not too happy when I first told him I wanted to attend the game with Dad. But then I explained it was a game not just for his class but for the Alumni also. That is me!  1984 is the year I graduated from SHS.

Vincent was great with Andrew. He was excited he was going to attend. He went and helped him pick out cloths that were red and black. Let him borrow a hat and then I put on matching face paint. He introduced him to all his friends and even showed him how to do a cool handshake. I think he enjoyed how much the girls liked his cute little brother.  They hung out together for a while in the student section of the stands. I tried not to been seen. But I did snap a few photos when I could. :-)




 The car was a hit with the smoke coming out the back and making a loud reving noise.
A little different from my days. We had floats from different clubs and convertible cars that the royalty sat up on the back of the car. I guess with the rain and the safety issues they changed it.

If you know teenagers they don't like to be seen with parents. I am not getting a happy look from Vincent.ha ha..I was trying to be stealth and take a photo with my telephoto lens. He caught me...
SHS Football team has not changed much. We only had one win my senior year. Oh well, it is still fun.

This was Gary's first American High School football game. I think he is good now. Not rushing out to see another one. We did enjoy watching all the kids have fun socializing. He also gets a little taste of what High school is like here. 

No comments: