Saturday, December 20, 2008

Early visit from Santa!

















We let the kids do Christmas early today. 1- Javier was leaving for Spain on Sunday so we wanted to share the day with him. 2- We were planning on going to Utah this weekend but then the weather made us change our mind. The kids were all ready for it to be early and had written letters to Santa asking him to come early to our house. Gary and I were ready so we said OK, why not.

So early this morning Santa left stockings on the beds. Andrew got up early and came up in the living room by him self. I could hear him from my room singing to him self. He was singing his favorite song "Silent Night" He got out the Christmas book that has stories and songs and he was singing from that. I sat there and thought how can life be sweeter. He was so adorable. He is so sensitive. He really loves Jesus and knows that Christmas is about him.

The other day he was helping me set up the Nativity Puppets and we had just watched the church production of the Nativity. He took one of the Kings and set him far away from the others. I asked him why he did this and he thought that he was a bad Kind- King Harod. The King who wanted to kill the baby Jesus. I was happy that he was paying attention to the production. But I helped him out and told him that this was one of the 3 good Kings to bring presents and wanted to meet Jesus.

We had a good time today. The boys were excited to open presents. The got spoiled again.

We got help with one of the other host families to drive Javier to a hotel close to the airport. We were all worried that he would not be able to get to the airport from our house because of the snow storm expected. And it was a good thing, because it is snowing up a gale right now. The most snow that I have seen here for a long long time. I hope he can get on his flight for Spain tomorrow. He will be very disappointed if he cant go. We will see........

Church has already been canceled for tomorrow because of the snow. I just worry when it all melts will we have a major flood in our basement.

No comments: