Thursday, December 18, 2008

Crazy Snow in Bellevue!
























The news stations had us ready for a Big Artic Snow Storm on wednesday. But it missed Bellevue and Seattle. It was crazy how the news talked about it and made a big deal out of it. The school even canceled school because of the impending storm. So I had to take care of the kids and try and work. We were all very disappointed that we missed out on the snow. Everyone around us had snow but us.

The weather man scored today. They said snow and i did not believe them. But they came thru. It even snowed alot more than they said. I kept expecting it to stop snowing at any minute. So I hurried and took a few pictures thinking it was going to go away soon. It kept coming and coming. It did not stop till about 4pm. Steady! It was crazy. We measured about 8 inches on the car at 3pm. The news said Bellevue got about 12 inches.

Kids had a great time in the snow of course. I always forget how much work it is when it snows. Wet gloves, wet socks and coats and boots. Vincent and his friends would come in and warm up and I would throw all their stuff in the dryer and hang it up so dry, then they would go out and then Andrew and his friends would come in and I would do the same for them. Then Andrew and the neighbor kids went in the hot tub. They had a great time running in and out of the snow. I was happy to help them all. But I did not get much work done. Whoops.......I need to catch up tomorrow. They have already canceled school tomorrow. It is not suppose to snow more, but it is cold and the roads are all icy.

Another storm is due on Sunday. Poor Javier is suppose to go home to Spain for Christmas. I hope we can get him to the airport. He is stressing every time they show the news forecast for the next snow storm. We will put the chains on the Van and leave very early to get him home. His Mom misses him alot. I said Hello to her today on Skype? The computer web cam thing. They seem like a great family. I will try and visit them one day.
Wish me luck for getting some work done Friday. I will have to be diciplined with my time.

No comments: