Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Eve 2010

 Christmas Eve

Yes, I did not get the memo about wearing yellow. Funny how it ended up this way. But Yellow is not really my color and so I stayed in black. 

We were doing pretty good. No major last minute rushing around for presents. Gary and I made a quick trip to Bell SQ and ToysRus. But I felt under control. Yes, our kids were going to be very spoiled indeed. But what else is new?

Before bed we watched a great video online about the birth of Christ. Very sweet. Then we talked about the true meaning of Christmas. How very lucky we are to have such a great Savior to help us return to our Heavenly Home. 

Andrew wanted to sleep downstairs so that he could stay up late with Vincent. 
Vincent and his Routson cousins had a date online at 11pm for Black Opps? An XBox game. 
I think they ended up playing till 3am. Ugh...

Gary and I got everything wrapped and ready to go by 10:30pm. We stayed up till 1am the night before. I think that is the fasted we have ever had things ready. It was so nice to be relaxed and enjoy the quiet time before all the excitement started in the morning. 
 The stocking were hung by the chimney with care.....
 A mug of milk and some cookies for Santa were out and ready for him. Per Andrew's request :-) 
 Santa had everything organized and ready by the tree. 
 The tree was decorated with all kinds of shinny things. 
I love my new star for the top of the tree. 
 All the Swarovski ornaments were shinning so bright.  I have been collecting a new one every year for a while. I just love them. Thank you Santa! 
 Our Nativity area was all set up.
 Hand made puppets by me and cute new finger puppets by Andrew. A small wooden nativity set is fun for the boys to play with. 
 A very cute count down to Christmas blocks made by Cindy.  Thanks Cindy- I love it! Andrew was sure to change to numbers everyday!
 Gary resting and enjoying the quiet. 
 The outside of the house looked very festive this year. 
 We got new lights for the house that are LED of course, and they change colors by remote control. Awesome stars on the chimney are a favorite for me. 
I love all the blues and the deep hue's of the led lights. So much deeper in color. 


Off to bed we went with sugar plums dancing in our heads ?

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

No comments: