Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Car Fire Today

Today I was driving home from Sammamish HS and saw a huge cloud of black smoke. I thought an appartment building was on fire. I then came to the corner on Kamber Road and saw a van in the middle of the road on fire. I then parked at the cemetary turn off and got out of my car. This van was totally on fire. I saw a lady on the side of the road. And another man on the drive up to the gas station. They were both hurt. There were some people helping them and I could see the people in the gas station on the phone. I assumed they were with the police on the phone.

I did not know what to do. I looked to make sure they were being helped- Check- then looked to see that 911 was being called- Check- then I checked my purse for my camera I usually take with me everywhere.- No not there!  Bummers...So I grabbed my cell phone and took a photo with that. Not great but better than nothing.

I was there before the police or firetruck arrived. I waited to see that help came. As the police came they started backing people up.  I needed to get home as Andrew was home alone at the time. I had to go way around to get home. When I got home the helicopters had arrived on the sceen. So Andrew and I headed back up to show him the Van.

As we got back up there we started talking to neighbors and then the news crews started showing up. First 4, then 5 then channel 7. One by one they started talking to me, then they all interviewed me on camera. Kind of a wierd feeling. I tried to get Andrew in the shot with me. I told the same story 3 times.

I really did not see anything important. I was just one of the first people there after the fire started. Well maybe the 4th or 5th.  It is kind of strange to see this huge fire and no fire truck or police there.

So I was famous for a few minutes in my little town of Bellevue. The phone started ringing and texts and facebook postings of people seeing me on the news. I even heard part of my interview on the radio. Wow, wierd. :-)

Here are a few links to the story  and some photos. Some from the web and one that I took with my cell phone.

http://www.king5.com/news/Three--114235824.html

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/114235904.html?


http://www.kirotv.com/video/26550632/index.html
 
This is the photo I took.
 Andrew took this photo from his DSI- I am not sure why it does not look good here. I looked OK on facebook.
 Web photos from other people and helicopter

 
I think 3 people in total were hurt from the fire. It was terrible to see them and hear them calling out to each other. One guy was saying " I Love You" and " Are you OK-Stay calm". Yikes...I wonder if there was some foul play going on. It is not normal for a car to explode like that and be on fire so quickly. I wonder if Meth was involved? 
 
Peace Out- I have to be a normal person tomorrow. No more being famous- I did not get any work done today. Well maybe some :-)

No comments: