Sunday, January 9, 2011

Car Break In

I woke up Saturday morning to a stranger at our front door.

It was really early....Ok it was 8am. If felt really early....He ended up being our neighbor 5 houses down. He found my car registration in his front yard bushes. Yikes....I knew then my car had been broken into. Nice..... I went out and looked and sure enough someone had gotten in and stolen my portable GPS device. Ugh..... My car got broken into a couple of years ago also. Last time they stole Vincent's scriptures. I am sure they thought it was a purse.

I called 911 and a very nice officer came. It looks like they came in the passenger side of the car. It had been raining that night. We found a partial hand print on the car door. He did not have the right equipment to do prints on the wet surface. So he called in another officer to help out. He happened to be in the area. Gary had the serial numbers for the GPS for the officers. He is so Awesome!  He has all the serial numbers kept on an online site. Just in case. What a guy. :-) 

Having two officers show up to help was great. My friend who works for the police in Seattle said they do not come out to take statements for that kind of crime. They take information on the phone.  I guess in Bellevue we get better service. Yeah. 


 Bummer they could not find a good print. They gave it a good try. Thanks guys. 
 I am sure all of the neighbors were trying to figure out what was wrong. No major drama. I was very happy that they did not break a window or vandal the car. I must have left the door unlocked. On that side of the car the motion lights do not reach 
We will be taking a second look at our lights and maybe get some camera's for outside. After our mail theft and now break in's on the cars. I am afraid of what will be next. Better safe than sorry. 

Our nice police officers did say that our neighborhood was still a safe area. 
That is good. 

Vincent slept thru it all. Sandy was very nice to the officer when he came in.  She just sat next to my feet and watched him. Andrew was shy and stayed in the back ground. I got out the camera!  Might as well document the moment. I am sure the police think I am weird. I told them I had would post this on my blog. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm fan of detective stories. Much more on getting finger prints on cars. I love the idea of GPS having serial numbers. Moreover, I think having your lot with camera is a good idea. I have been in the business with "buy here, pay here" dealers (Indianapolis-based) and they have recommended me such security in my car and my lot. Talking to the
"buy here, pay here" car lots in Indianapolis, Indiana dealers has given me a lot of brilliant idea.

Allison Barnes said...

bummer... i guess there is crime everywhere! sad.