Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Boys Are Gone Today!

Vincent is probably in Costa Rica right now. He left the house at 4:30am! Good thing a friend came and got him! He was kind of cranky the night before he left. I am sure he was getting nervous. Also I was getting on his nerves, going over everything with him over and over again. Checking his pack ect.
Vincent is on a trip with a bunch of kids from school who have been in his Spanish Immersion class. They have all gone to school together since Kindergarten. Big 8th graders now. They have been planning this trip for two years. Well since Kindergarten really. I think it will be a trip they will never forget. I sure hope he is careful. They are with a Eco Tour group. One of the parents have been sending photos already to a website. Not sure how they are doing it. But we got some photos from the airport already.

Andrew went to Utah all by himself. Of course we paid to have him watched by the airlines. It went great. He was so brave. He is going to spend spring break with Grandma and Grandpa Westra. He is excited to see all his cousins and Uncles and Aunts.

Thumbs up! All ready to go! He said it was fun to watch out the window. Flying in clouds and seeing snow. He had the whole row to him self.

Andrew all packed and ready to go. Vincent would not even go down stairs by himself at this age. Funny how they are all so different.
Gary and I are home alone. My job is to get Gary all better. The Surgeon is going to try and get him in to do a scope on him, and then maybe do surgery soon. They are trying to get everything scheduled. No dates yet. Hopefully we will hear tomorrow.
I will bring Gary to work tomorrow so he can get the commission reports done. His crew wants to get paid. So we will go in for a while. It is nice that I can work from there and home. We really are blessed to have flexible jobs. My phone forwards to my cell. So I never miss a call. Good most of the time.
I plan on getting thing organized in the house this weekend. So many projects that have been neglected.
Peace out!

1 comment:

Allison Barnes said...

I hope they have a great time! Too bad you have a sick husband!! I hope he gets better soon.