Sunday, November 29, 2009

Out for Thanksgiving!

Ok -I think everyone knows that I am not that big of a cook. I can usually get by. My kids do not starve and they seem to be well nourished. I would say that my husband is healthy, but that would be a stretch. But I really don't think that my cooking is making him sick. Maybe I should look in to that some more.
But Anyways.....since most of my family moved away from Bellevue, we did not have a big crowd for dinner. David's friend Rebecca was coming into town. We all decided to go out to dinner. We went to the Keg. They had a traditional Turkey meal option. We all got a lot of food and had a good time. I really enjoyed not getting up early and cooking all day, and then doing the dishes. The only down side is no left overs.



We went back to our house and played a game. This is a game that Gary won in a contest when he was a boy. He helped name a new chocolate bar and they picked the name. He does not remember the name any longer.
The boys enjoy playing this game. It is not politically correct with all the symbols on the game. It is all about escaping from a German POW camp. We usually have Gary play the part of the German guards. He loves it. Vincent won this time.

After the game we called some of the family to say Happy thanksgiving. We also used Skype to talk to the Barnes family.It was a fun night! We were really happy David and Rebecca came with us. We really like her and David is nice also.
I do miss not having all the family together. We should really try and plan that some time. Love you all!

1 comment:

Allison Barnes said...

Sounds like a fun day! We miss the big family group too! It was fun to skype. We got a new computer, so we have it at home now! We will have to do that more often!