Monday, November 23, 2009

It's All My Fault!

It's all my fault for Vincent getting his finger cut in a propeller piston engine! I forced Vincent to go on a Scout outing to get his Aviation Merit Badge. They went to the Museum of Flight to get it done. Sounds great! What a great opportunity! But no, It looked like too much work for Vincent. But he was doing it anyways.

During the outing he saw some other kid touch this engine (it was mostly covered so kids would not touch it). He decided to give it a try and it caught his finger and it took a chunk out of it. Smart thinking Vincent!

He was pretty much in shock when I picked him up and took him to the Hospital. He would not look at it the whole time. All I had was my cell phone camera - so it does not take that great of shots, bummer. I tried to get a before and after shot.

No long term damage was done. His nail bed looks like it was not harmed. He got 4 stitches and they wrapped it up real good. The shot for numbing it up was the worst part. Poor guy. It was pretty painful. The doctor was the same one who fixed him a couple of years ago when he broke his fingers playing basketball.

Sorry you got hurt Vincent. But next time don't touch things that are under plastic and have metal moving parts. :-) I still love you!

No comments: