Monday, June 25, 2012

Strawberry Time!!!



I took a class in Relief Society on how to make Jam. Ok I think I already knew how, from making all that Grape Jelly last year. But It was a great refresher.

I made cooked Jam and Freezer Jam. Both super yummy. But since my freezer gets full fast I did mostly cooked jam. I have more shelf space for that in the garage.

I am pretty impressed with my collection of canned storage I might say. And Gary has the Garage super organized. I will have to blog that soon. Before it gets messed up.



 

And I learned a new technique. To cut up all your strawberries use a can that has a raw sharp cut end to chop them up with. It works great! I like to have a few chunks left and this also lets you cut thru a lot of layers all at the same time. Super easy clean up also. Less then a blender. Thanks Jen! 


 Nice big berries from Costco. I am not sure how cost effective making your own jam is. I could probably buy cheaper. But how much fun is that. And I know what is in my Jam.
Thanks Andrew for helping me. Great chopper and stirrer of the Jam!

Why does cooking or baking have to be so messy! Yikes! This is just a part of the mess. No pain no gain I guess.
 Finished jam! 2 batches Low sugar, 2 regular and then one batch frozen.
The kids are loving it! Toast with Jam is now the favorite at our house. I need more bread now.

No comments: