Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Royal Wedding

What kind of person gets up at 2am to watch a wedding on TV? 

A wedding for people you have never met, and likely will never meet in the future.   

Me!  

Call me crazy, but I was so excited to watch the Royal Wedding on TV. I would have loved to have gone to see it in person. But it was not good timing. Gary had just gotten back from a trip to England a few weeks before the wedding. Andrew and Gary went to see his parents.

While Gary was in England I had him search out for Wedding memorabilia.  He said he could not find too much. I think it was still a little early for all of the stuff to hit the stores, or they were sold out. Denise helped Gary find some fun stuff. Some banners to hang up, flags with Will and Kate on it. I asked Gary to find me an english hat to wear. But he came home with a hat that looks like a mini flag/umbrella. Very fun, but not quite what I was looking for.  I am sure I will use it one of these days.
He did find a very nice crystal glass that was made for the wedding. So nice...I have it on display next to my wedding photos of my ancestors.

I took these photos of my self dressed up in my best bathrobe for the big event. Silly I know, but it was fun. I loved the Wedding dress and all of the fancy hats. Seeing all the people arrive for the wedding. The Abbey looked great with the trees inside. Ok I really loved everything about this wedding. I could go on and on, but then I would sound even crazier that I look right now. I still have it saved on my DVR. Not sure when I will have time to watch it again. But I would love to curl up some time on the couch and see everything over again. Maybe one day...that is if Gary does not delete it.









I remember staying up to watch Princess Diana and Prince Charles get married. I had been babysitting and they got home really late. I was able to watch the beginning of it while at the house waiting for them to come home. It was Awesome also. I told my mom about this and she said she remembers watching the wedding when Queen Elizabeth got married. That is so cool!  I guess it runs in the family! And I also think that every girl thinks about being a princess in a royal wedding. The ultimate wedding fantasy! So I am glad that they had such great coverage of the event for all of us romantics to watch. 

Ok Enough is Enough I know. Gary has stopped reading this blog along time ago. Sorry Babe! 

No comments: