Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Birthday Trip!

This year for my birthday I was invited to attend a scrap-booking retreat. 

I usually only go once a year in February. There is a group of women that go 4 times a year. If they have a cancelation they open it up for others to join. I was lucky to be invited and it worked out that the timing was right for me to go. My Awesome Husband gave me a great present of being able to attend this trip again. My boys also let me leave them again. Hard to do, but it was so much fun. I even got a little exercise in while I was there this time. Thanks Jen and Julie for pushing me up that huge hill!  I thought I was going to die.

First stop is getting to the Ferry Boat to take you to Whidbey Island. It just happens to have and Ivars next to the boat launch. It is so great to grab a quick fish and chips to go and enjoy it on the short Ferry ride in the car! Yum!








A crazy neighbor has these signs on her fence. She is in a dispute with another neighbor. I liked this one "You Cant Fix Stupid"!


The group shot - not the best photo- but I did not take it. I think there is a better one out there somewhere. 

 My group had a Theme as Joni's Subs after her families Subway shop that she grew up in. Of course our meal was the best! 





One of the groups had the Royal Wedding as a theme for dinner. They dressed up as part of the royal family. 



One of our Moon Light Ladies (MLL) is currently going thru chemo treatments for cancer. She has been having friends that come and sit with her during treatments make pieces of a quilt. So while I was there we all made some pieces and started to put them together for her. It will be her survivors quilt when it is all done. We are happy to hear that her last scan came out clear!  The prayers for her have been working! We love you Deb! 

No comments: