Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Back to Work!!!

Gary is back to work. Yeah!!!! Gary is feeling a little better! He is still not cured and we have not even found out what is causing the pain. His doctor says that he has had the most tests done on one person in 30 years! And he is disturbed that nobody has found out what is wrong. We have not given up on finding the problem. Right now his pain has lessened and it is not so constant. He was starting to go stir crazy at home. So his doctor gave him the OK to go back to work.

His office was very happy to see him back. He had over 2000 emails on his computer when he started it back up. He has been busy catching up and being on conference calls.

The great part is that he has lost about 30 pounds! He looks good! He is determined to not let the weight come back on, so he is exercising and eating right. The bad part is that I am now under a great deal of pressure to lose my weight. And I have no one home to have lunch with. The house seems very quiet again during the day. It feels like when all your kids go back to school....weird.

Things are starting to get back to normal. I can ask him to drive kids places and go to the store all by himself again! I can even make him get out of bed to get the kids ready for school while I snooze for 5 more minutes. Nice!

I just need to remember that he is still not cured. He still needs to take it easy and not over do him self. That is going to be hard. He looks normal, but I know he is not. So cross your fingers that all goes well. We will take one day at a time.

I am most happy to see him smiling again and laughing at me. I do what I can! :-) The kids are happy to have Dad back also! Life is good!

1 comment:

Ang and Shawn said...

Yay! I hope he is doing okay back at work. & sounds like you are not so stressed. . . i think you should go treat yourself to a day at the spa or something. . . go splurge and spend. you deserve it!!! love you!