Thursday, March 26, 2009

Epiploic appendagitis Still Painful

Gary went to the ER again today for over 7 hours to get the pain under control. First hour was waiting for the doctor. But anyways the condition is complicated as is the name. I have looked it up on various sites and it is still complicated. The simplest I can explain it is some kind of fatty tissue off of the colon by the intestines and stomach wall. It can become torn or twisted and causes serious pain. Well another CT scan it does not show it getting worse, but it does not show getting better either. They are forwarding his info to a surgeon and see what he has to say. In reading one journal it says surgery can be done with good success. But can lead to complications of hurting surrounding organs. Nice

I will keep you posted on the next step. We are having good bonding time in the ER room. Not much to do there while waiting for pain to lessen.

Gary had the choice of staying again, and wanted to come home. I don't blame him. But I just hope to keep the pain under control this time. We got more meds and will use them alot. He went to work today and did not take the meds this morning and it quickly got out of control. He thinks he is superman. I was on Vashon island working and he got home then had the next door neighbor Bobbi take him to the ER. I will stay home tomorrow and keep watch on him.

I took a photo but too tired to upload if off the camera. will do later-- thanks for all you well wishes and prayers. Much appreciated! Love to all!

1 comment:

Allison Barnes said...

So sorry to hear. I hope they can figure out what to do to help him!! Hang in there!