Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Poor Andrew!







Well our Yard is done, but we had our first casualty in it already. While Gary and I were out the boys decided to play in the back yard after I said to stay off the new grass for a few day. I know that is hard to tell the kids. But that was my instructions. Impossible, even for me to follow. You just want to go run around on it. I love it




Vincent and Andrew were throwing a baseball back and forth. Witch is not Andrew's best sport. He did not catch the ball and got it right in the face. He said it did not hurt too much and it did not bleed too much either. Vincent called me with a quick " Andrew got hurt come home quick". I got him to tell me what happened and figured out that we did not need to call 911. So we hurried home to find Andrew very worried on the couch with a cold cloth on his face. Vincent did a good job keeping him calm and took good care of him. Gary did not think the cut was big enough to go to the doctor. But I did not want him to have a scar on his face and it was open enough that it needed to be pushed back together again. I took him to the Emergency room for Group Health and it has been changed to a Urgent Care facility, so now it doesn't cost as much! Yeah! The doctor said it was good we came in while the cut was new and it is a straight cut so he glued it back together and all is well.




Andrew was very cute, he was worried that he would lose his sight in one eye! Or that he would not be able to see as well. I am not sure where he got that idea. He was very glad when I told him he would be able to see fine. He was also worried that he would not be able to go to school. He was full of questions and took a while for him to figure out that hospitals are a good place and doctors are very nice and they don't want to hurt you. Must be too much TV or hearing stories about his Dad going to the hospital and being in pain while you are there.










Glad everyone is good and starting to get back to normal. With the workers gone I can go back to the office and help make some money to pay for all the work done in the backyard!

1 comment:

Julie Westra said...

Well, as Dave would say, "I guess you'll learn to listen to me next time, won't you?!" He's such a meanie, isn't he? Poor Andrew. But holy crap, that yard looks freakin aweseome! Who knew it could look that good. Man alive - I'm pretty impressed. Now where is my invite to Casa de Sarchet?

Love ya
Julie