Tuesday, May 27, 2008

20 YEARS!!!

It is hard to believe it has been 20 years since Gary and I got married. Crazy! The time went so fast! I feel it is a good sign that it went fast. I would worry if it went slow. I am so lucky to be married to such a great guy! He loves me so much and does so much for me! He even loves my family! He goes the extra mile for them. Gary is also a great Dad and loves his boys. Its it so nice to see how they all enjoy spending time together.

Memorial Day was our anniversary. We had a fun day. Gary had made reservations for the night before, and it was tempting. But then I thought of all the plants I could buy with the money if we didn't go out to dinner. Gary agreed and we stayed home. We took a shopping tour to Home Depot and then Lowe's and then to the grand daddy of all nurseries in our area- Molbaks! Man is that one expensive place. But Oh I love to look at all the pretty flowering plants they have. It has great displays and tons of selection. We only purchased three plants from there. We bought some great climbing plants for the back trellis. We bought all the other plants from the hardware stores while they were on sale for the holiday week end.

The fun begins now! Planting all those plants! Vincent is hot to buy a paint ball gun so he was begging for things to do to earn money. He scored yesterday. We paid him a dollar a hole for the plants. I think we paid too much. But he worked hard and dug a lot of holes. He worked fast also. I was planting with him so he knew he had to work faster than me to get the holes dug before I did it. We got all the plants planted in one day! yeah! And it rained that night also. Perfect timing. We have not had to water the grass too much either. The rain has helped us alot, i have not complained about the rain yet. I am sure I will soon. But let the grass get rooted first!

Poor Andrew was not feeling well and tried to help out digging. He would get tired fast and complained that his throat hurt. I took him to the doctor today and he has strep throat again! He just got done taking medicine from 10 days ago for strep throat. So we are trying new medicine this time. I took the day off the take care of him. He might go to work with Gary tomorrow and hang out in the office.

I will add photos tomorrow of all the action.

1 comment:

Allison Barnes said...

Congrats on 20 years! I can't believe it either. Ours is in July! Time flies when you are having fun! Not sure i want to go plant shopoping for mine!