Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fire in the pit!




Today Vincent could not wait to burn something in the fire pit that was made yesterday! He called me at work and asked if he could buy a lighter! I knew then I was in trouble. Good thing I know him well and quickly laid down the rules about lighting things on fire. No fire making unless one of his parents are home. I bought hot dogs and marshmellows and chocolate and we had a fun time by the fire for dinner that night. Vincent had to start a little fire right when I got home. He wanted to be the first one to light it.



Andrew was excited about the fire also. He was not excited about hot dogs. Then when he took a bite and said "this is the best hot dog I have ever had in my whole life". He liked the smores also. But he liked watching the marshmellows melt in the fire the most.



Today was the first warm day we have had in a long long time! I think everyone was craving to have the sunshine and warm up our bodies! I cant tell you how good it felt! I was trying all morning to get out of my home office to enjoy the sun. Finally after lunch I was ble to go and make a few visits to some of my bank branches. I parked a block away so I could walk in the sunshine instead of park in the garage next door to the bank. I loved it!

1 comment:

Allison Barnes said...

That looks really fun! The boys will be master fire makers!