Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Westra Visit

Mom and Dad came and visited for Dorene's party and spent about 2 weeks with us. Poor Mom got sick and was not feeling the best. The weather the fist week was not that great, so we did not get out that much. I loved having them back in town. I look forward to them coming back in the summer.


Dad wanted us to go to the place for Turkey sandwiches. They were good. Interesting place for sure. I don't think it has changed since the 50's. Same owner I am sure. He remembered Dad when he went thru the check out line. Crazy, good memory. 

We did get to do a few things. We went to down town Seattle and also took a trip to see the tulips. But it rained and we did not make it all the way up there. So on the way home from the outlet mall we stopped at a Pie shop for lunch. We used to stop there when we were kids on the way home from Birch Bay.









Let me say, it is still the same. Exactly the same. So that is not real good. I don't think we will be heading back too soon, if ever. The boys showed us how they can tear phone books in half. We had pie, and the Lemon Meringue pie was as big as I remember. But not the most tasty.

We had a good time being together with David and Rebekah. Mom and Dad spent the first week with us then the second week with David.

I found this sheet at an Antique store. It reminded me of my bedroom with Allison when we were kids. We had a great time sharing a room. Well at least most of the time :-)  Love ya Al!



No comments: