Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dorene 80 Years Old! Crazy

Last month my Aunt Dorene turned 80! 

Can't believe it! That means I am getting old also! Yikes! 
Her kids and Dave threw a Surprise party for her. I was lucky enough to be the official photographer. I wish everyone could have come. It was Awesome. They had enough talent in the family to put together a full band with a brass section and all!  They put on a show that was a musical of her life. Music from all the decades. 

I will post a short video of the last song they did. Craig will put together some thing awesome for sure later. 

Dorene has been a great supporter of every one in our family. She has been available to help in all our weddings with beautiful flowers, and when we were growing up we spent many a night at the Crandall house and had many parties with all her kids and cousins! 

Love you Aunt Dorene! 










Paul Leonard as Elvis of course 


This was the most touching part for me. After blowing out the candles and singing Happy Birthday they began Grandpa's tradition of singing a dutch birthday song....I don't even know the proper name for it. But it brought back many memories with Grandma and Grandpa Westra singing it for years at every birthday party. I had a hard time not crying when I saw Jeff's face. 





It's so nice to know that my Dad and his Sister were such good friends. My Mom has so many special memories with Dorene, especially how she was a big help to her when the kids were young. Showing her the ropes of being married and living in the Northwest. 

There was too many photos to place on the blog. Can't wait to see the videos. 

My video won't upload.....Darn




No comments: