Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Surgery Achilies Done!

Long day at the hospital...we got there at 10:30 for check in. Surgery at 12:00 noon. I had Andrew and a friend with us. They spent 1.5 hours in the waiting room playing DSI. I think they had a good time. I then rewarded them with a trip to McDonalds. They were very happy with that. Then dropped them off at Mathias house. Back to the hospital...wait.....wait...text....wait....read...sleep...text. Yeah at 2:30 doctor comes out and tells me how the surgery went. She said it went really well and that the tear was a little farther up than she first thought. So she had a lot of sewing to do. He should have a nice big scar up the back of his leg she said. Very macho. I forgot to ask her how many stitches she used. The nurse said it is usually 15-20. I will have to find out when they take them out next week.

Before Shot!
They write on your leg to make sure they operate on the correct leg-good thinking!

After-Thumbs up!

Lots of ice to keep the swelling down. Poor Gary in a lot of pain.
This will be a long recovery with lots of physical therapy in the future. :-)

Home! Finally around 5:45pm.

What better way to recover than by watching Soccer. Too bad MLS All Stars could not win against Manchester United. Great game to watch...lots of scoring. 5-2
Now the trick to keep Gary off his leg and elevated!
Oh yeah....he passed a small kidney stone when he got home...he thinks he has another working its way down. :-) Only Gary....good thing he is on his pain meds :-)

2 comments:

Allison Barnes said...

I hope he recovers fast!

Ang and Shawn said...

I'm glad the surgery went well. I can't believe his luck with the kidney stones...actually I guess I can. How depressing.