Thursday, June 10, 2010

Stripping Accident!

Who knew stripping was so dangerous! Well stripping the deck that is. he he he... Ok here is how I got burned on my face! Vincent and Spencer are stripping the deck to get ready to stain it. I started to help them because it was getting late and starting to rain.

First I splattered some stripper in my face and got some in my eye. So I ran inside and took out my contact and washed out my eye really good. I really flushed it out for a long time. Then I put on my old glasses for safety and went back out. Then I got hair in my face and brushed it out of the way with my gloved hands. I guess my gloves had a bunch of stripper on in and it got on my face! Well I felt it sting, but I was almost done and so I waited to get it off. Then it really hurt. So I went back in and washed it off. Too late! I could see a big burn on my face. Ouch it was really starting to hurt.

I did not go into the doctors that night. I have had enough of ER rooms. So I washed it good and put some ointment on it. Then I went to my doctor the next day. She does not think any real damage was done. She also put stuff in my eye to check and see if it got damaged. All is well so far.

I have a feeling my face will look terrible for a while. So that is how you can get burned by stripping!

This is something Gary would have done. Maybe he is rubbing off on me. ???

Day 2


Day 1
You can see the iodine stuff they put in my eye on my face. Not looking my best. Gross!

Boys putting on the stain stripper then you wash it off. It is a really big job.

We have it all ready to go. But it has been raining hard for 2 days. I think it will be dry this weekend. Maybe friday. We will have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Ang and Shawn said...

I bet the boys were laughing at you. It's a pretty funny story...but sad. It looks pretty bad!!! Hope it gets better soon!