Thursday, June 17, 2010

Deck Finished!

My face is getting alot better. The Doctor gave me this cool cream -Silver Sulfadia. It is awesome. I can't believe how fast my face if healing. Good thing, I was a little worried about being all scabby for Davids wedding photos. Man I am pale! I need some sun!

This is the deck after being stripped, then brightened and then sanded in a few places. Wow alot of work. I also had the boys clean out the moss that was starting to grow in between the boards.

Yikes I started staining the railing first. It is allot darker and more of solid paint than a stain. It was suppose to be a semi-transparent stain. I don't see any transparency it in. But too late now.

Done! Well it is really cedar red isn't it. I guess it will grow on me. I am sure it will look better when we put furniture back on the deck. The weather has not been that great so it has not really dried very fast. It has already rained on it after only 6 hours of drying. It still feel tacky to me. So socks only for a while.

It will be nice to eat outside again this summer. I hope we have some warm weather soon.

I sure hope this stain lasts longer than last time. It only lasted maybe 2 years last time. The can says 5-6 years for this type of stain. Sure....I will believe it when I see it.

1 comment:

thinker said...

Wow! Your deck looks awesome! Nice work! Just in time for the good weather, too!