Sunday, February 27, 2011

Whidbey Island Scrapbooking Extravaganza!

A 3-night weekend with a bunch a ladies on a beautiful island.  I think this is the 4th time going on this trip.  This time I drove myself and took my time getting there.
 I packed slowly and then drove around the island and stopped at the scenic spots. Loved it!  

What a great view some of these houses have. 








First night dinner out!  We were a very loud bunch.  I am not sure the Island was ready for it. 


Our group was the first to make a meal. We had lunch assigned to us. We chose a Martygraw theme. 
Rice and beans and chicken of a few different heats.  Joni made a yummy bean recipe with a ham hawk cooked in it. Ok I am not a cook but I did buy the food from the store. This was my first time buying a Ham Hawk. The list also said 1 stock of celery. So I literally bought one piece of celery. Everyone thought that was pretty funny. Truth is I don't really like celery. Well it all turned out great and of course our meal was the best! 




 Our food group!  We are Awesome!






Group photo time!  One of the husbands dropped off something at the cabin so I talked him into climbing a tree and taking a photo of us. Yeah.  Just wished I had the flash on to fill in the shadows. 




When I get lucky a pair of Bald Eagles stops by to sit in the sun on a tree nearby. Yeah!  Here are a few photos I took. I got lucky! 


 Ok some think this photo is in bad taste (Gary). I think it is pretty funny. 

 Some of the ladies posing for a photo. 


 This is the Barn. It is a great place to do scrapbooking. Some of the ladies also brought some sewing projects. 


 One of the new girls came in and said- Oh my!  I didn't know people were bringing the whole store here!  She was thinking she brought a lot of stuff with her little rolling cart.  If you are out of something or need to borrow something usually some one has it for you! 


1 comment:

Allison Barnes said...

looks like fun!! Did you get a lot done??