Monday, August 9, 2010

A Week of Photo Opp's!!!

What a busy week! I think I need to break something and get a cast......wait....then who would take care of me?.....I am sure my Mom would do it. Just kidding....I had a great week! I love having company and going to fun places in town. Best way to get out of doing the laundry!

Gary enjoying the new couch that we got so that he would be more comfortable for his long recovery.


Friday
Went to Whidbey Island to pickup Andrew from Soccer camp. He had great time! But he did have an ear ache for some of the time. I left him with some medicine to take but he could not open up the bottle. I asked did you ask some one to help? He said yeah - but the other kids could not do it either.....Oh you did not ask your counselor? No he said not to bug him....hmmm
Oh well, he lived and seemed to have fun here and there.
This girl stomped right on poor Andrew's foot. He was limping after the game. The big kids seems to roll right over the little kids. Hmmmmm......
"Oh I am sorry" as she runs past him....




Still Friday
We stopped by Bobby's house to see his Dahlia flower garden and his goats... It was fun to chat with Bobby and Rick. It has been way to long that I have stopped by to hang out. Sorry it is Rob now... I keep forgetting he has grown up.



Still Friday...evening
We went to Kirkland to the beach to have dinner and watch the sunset! What a great night! It was nice and warm and the sunset was Awesome! Mom and Dad love to get Teriyaki.

Cute Andrew!
Vincent Skate Boarding!



Mommy and Me!

Vincent Andrew Julie Joy

Saturday
We heard it was low tide so we headed out to Lincoln Park to check out the tide pools! It was a misty rainy day...so not alot of crowds at the beach...ok we almost had the place to our selves.

The boys looking under the rocks hoping to find a octopus... they did get lucky a couple of years ago and found one. But that was the day I did not have my camera! Crazy...

Grandpa ready with this camera!
It was really slippery on the rocks with all the kelp and seaweed exposed.

Lots of cool star fish on the beach. The Gooey ducks (big ugly gross clams) were spitting out water all over the place. I tried to capture it on film but it was really hard. I wished I had my video camera with me.




Saturday still...afternoon
We dragged Rebekah's Dad and sister to the Seafair air show. We parked on Mercer Island and walked onto the floating bridge to watch the show. It was raining a little bit....very misty. But whats a little rain...won't stop me.

Andrew was doing ok...complaining about the rain. But when the planes started flying his ears hurt a whole lot. He started to cry and wanted to go home. I tried to get him to wait till it was over....Ok this is like my most favorite part of Seafair! But he wore me down and we left early and went headed to the hospital. It was good because we beat the traffic to get off the island.


Doctor said he had some fluid on his ears. Probly from his allergies. So no meds just some ear drops for pain. He felt much better when he was away from the loud noise.

Funny part was that we were in the same examination room that I have been in many times before for Gary- stomach pain-kidney stones-Achilles tendon torn...that was all I could remember...


Saturday Night...

The Open House for Dave and Rebekah....it was a great party. They had a great showing of people come. It was raining out side which was really sad. Cheri worked really hard to get her yard all dressed up and it looked great. She had to move everything inside. She had it set up great. No problems at all.






Sunday
Mom and Dad and I and the boys went to Deception Pass. It was raining when we left, but we found the sun! It was a leap of faith to drive 1.5 hours and not know whether the sun would come out. Yeah! Our gamble paid off!
Here is some wild life we found that day!




We started out at the Rosairo beach then headed to the bridge to walk across. Love it!





Dad off to take another picture. He is alittle obsesed about getting the perfect picture. :-)

What a perfect place for lunch!








We got home around 6:30 and then we realized we had tickets for the Sounders that night. I asked Steve if he wanted to go , he joined the kids and I for a fun game. We had a great night, and the Sounders won 2-0!


Busy but fun week! We are hoping for some good weather this week so we can go up to Mount Rainier! We will try and get Dave and Rebekah to come with us....we will see.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Oh Julie - you are the best blogger and picture taker!! It looks like everything was so much fun. I'm so sorry Gary had to miss so much of it.