Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Parties and Decorations!

This week end has been very busy. Ok when is it not? We have been cleaning and decorating the house for Christmas. We also were very busy getting ready to host a party for Gary's office at our house. We had a great time, and had a nice crowd. Can you believe I forgot to take photos of the party.

I got a new Christmas tree this year. It is really cute. I wanted a real one, but Gary does not like the smell or the mess. So I opted for a real slim one so it fits nice in the corner. I like it alot. I have all my Swarovski ornaments that I have been collecting for many years. They are so nice and shinny!



Don't you love these huge Candy Canes? We went to our church Ward party and they let us take some home for our party! They come apart in two pieces so you can get it in the car. I think they look so great! There was no missing our house!




The next day after our party Vincent wanted to shoot the Candy Cane balloons with his airsoft gun. The balloons were not blown up real tight so they did not pop when you shot them. He and his buddy Christian then used tacks to pop them. Then Vincent brought out his machete(?) to pop them. That worked really well. But what a mess!





This is Gary's early Christmas present! A really cool smoker....he smoked a bunch of ribs for the party. The turned out really yummy! Sandy our dog really like to sit by it and smell all the meat cooking and trying to get to the drippings that come out of the back. It was so cold it froze as soon as it came out.

I cross stitched these stocking when we were first married. I started to do one for Vincent but did not finish. That will be a good goal to work on this year.







The house in the dark. I would have put more lights up but it got too cold. I think it looks pretty good. We will see how long the last Candy Cane lasts.




This is the back yard. I those cool LED lights on the little trees in the back. Our neighbors the Bennett's really like them from their windows. I also enjoy them from our living room windows.



So photos from our Ward Party. We had all kinds of cool stuff. A photo both was a hit!

Ice sculptors at a Ward Party! Our planners went first class. They even used real china for the dishes! Thanks MaryAnn for washing them all! In the tent we had massive desserts available! It was so good! We got some left overs to use for our party the next night.
A live Jazz Band!


No comments: