Thursday, April 21, 2011

Field Trip - State Capital

Have you ever gone on a Field Trip to your state Capital?  

When I heard about Andrew's class going I was like....I would love to go! I do not remember going myself. Well maybe I had gone....but I don't remember it.  So when they needed Chaperones, I was all for it. Even when they needed me to drive kids in my own car, no problem. They had two classes going and not enough room for everyone. Kind of sad, that they only had one bus available. But I am happy to help out when ever I can. Most of the kids are really good. There is always a few ...... Andrew's teacher is very good with them all. 


I really liked the dome....It is huge. 


The kids love seeing all the police men in the building. They had a huge demonstration the week before. With people camped out on the floor out side the Goveners office. 




We had a great tour guide. You could tell she had been doing this for a long time. She knew just how to take care of the trouble makers. Get them involved. I loved it. 


I loved seeing all the cool details in the building. I wont bore you with the all. 



They had a mock trial for the kids in the Supreme Court room. Andrew got to play a Defending attorney and they went thru a real trial that had happened in that court room. The kids really payed attention and got involved. It was great to see. Good job tour guides! 


Some of these books were from 1854!  I was really surprised they kept them uncovered. Records of the trials. I was impressed. Very cool. 



We watched the lawmakers at work. 


This Chandelier is huge....You can fit a small car in the middle of it. It is 29 feet wide in the middle. 








I had a great time. Thanks! I am glad this building is open to the public. Washington is a great State! 

No comments: