Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Still no Diagnosis!

Here is a moment when Gary was pretending to be feeling better so that we could have a nice night out on our vacation.
The update on Gary is that he is still not feeling well, and the doctors have not been able to figure out what is going on! He has lost 27 pounds. That is the only good part of this ordeal.
Friday he had a MRI on his spine, and we found out today that it all looked good. They could not find anything wrong. Today he had a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. Both ends looked great.
The nurse said that it everything looked pink and healthy. They could not see any abnormalities. They took some biopsy's just in case. But they do not expect to find anything.
Next Thursday they are going to do an x-ray on his Small Bowell. Earlier today when Gary was still on his drugs from his colonoscopy he told me it was an x-ray on his small colon. I was really confused. Nothing new here. I guess they can not reach the small bowel's with the scopes.
So all in all it was a disappointing day. I was really hoping that they would find a problem so we could fix it. The nurse today was happy to tell me that they did not find anything. I told him I was not happy. That I wanted him to find something! He looked at me strange and said Oh-sorry.
We appreciate all your prayers and well wishes. I really feel like we are getting closer to finding the problem. It is just around the corner. Gary is getting anxious to be back at work. But I do not want him going back till he is able to have a week without major pain. He has a few good days and then crashes.
We will continue to explore all different types of treatments and doctors. We will not give up!
Love to All! Julie

4 comments:

Kelli Jill said...

How frustrating!! You have a wonderful attitude though. I am sure that they will find something soon, so he can feel better. I am so sorry you have to go through this, my prayers are with your family.

Allison Barnes said...

I am so sorry! I hope they find something soon! I will find out more info about the witch doctor in mexico that people in my ward go to.

Ang and Shawn said...

This is just ridiculous. Poor Gary. Please bless they find out soon!!! Did you not figure out how to add the little picture icons with your friend list? I thought I explained it so well! Why does mine say "MOO MOO angela & shawn" i don't get it? is it because you guys call me missyMOOO? i don't know where its coming from because you always call me "la la". hmmm anyways i miss you guys too! I really hope Gary starts feeling better soon.

Unknown said...

Our best wishes guys. We cant imagine how frustrating it must be for you all. We hope that it will all get sorted soon. Love to you both xxx